WINE DOWN SPA
Aromatherapy & Reflexology
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy has been around for almost 6,000 years. Aromatherapy did not become widely popular until around the 1980s. It is now renowned for its mental, physical and emotional benefits. Aromatherapy is a holistic healing practice that promotes health and well-being by using natural plant extracts. Aromatic medicinal essential oils are used to improve the overall function of the mind and body. This form of therapy seems to relieve pain, promote a sense of relaxation and improve mood.
The Endless Benefits of Aromatherapy
The benefits of aromatherapy are almost endless. With such a vast majority of oils to choose from, knowing the benefits of each one can be very useful. The use of aromatherapy can help manage stress. If you are experiencing stress and anxiety, citrus essential oils can help relieve symptoms of anxiety. If daily stressors have you feeling unbalanced or disconnected, oils from woods like sandalwood and frankincense are great choices. Here’s a list of essential oils and some of the benefits connected to each one:
- Lemon: Increase energy and focus and boost the immune system
- Rosemary: A stimulating oil that has the ability to boost mental sharpness and focus. Can be sued to ease crampings and pain.
- Sandalwood: Increases sex drive and relieve tension.
- Lavender: Soothing and relaxing essential oil and often used for insomnia
- Tea Tree: Can calm your mind and have an uplifting effect.
- Cedarwood: This scent can help with relaxation and the respiratory system.
- Eucalyptus: Is used as a natural decongestant and can help with respiratory-related issues.
- Jasmine: Sweet-smelling essential oil used to boost libido and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Bergamot: Citrus scented oil that helps lower anxiety and stress levels.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology is a therapy that goes back over a thousand years. It is the process of using pressure on areas of the feet. The theory behind reflexology is that certain areas of the foot correspond to organs, glands, and systems of the body. When pressure is applied to these points it brings on healing and even relaxation. Reflexology helps to improve the circulation of blood and oxygen throughout the body. The use of reflexology is meant to bring balance, good health, and a sense of well-being.
Benefits of Reflexology on Your Well-being
The reflexology massage unblocks nerve endings in the feet. This special massage helps to boost circulation and rebalance the lymphatic system. There are studies that indicate its ability to reduce pain. Reflexology is used to benefit psychological symptoms, such as anxiety and stress. This type of massage can assist with sleeping issues as well. Studies show that reflexology enhances relaxation and produces a better sleep pattern. This is a great option if you are seeking relaxation and overall stress relief.
The Wine Down Aromatherapy & Reflexology Experience
Come and join us in our Aromatherapy and Reflexology room. Aromatherapy has holistic benefits to both your mind and body. The essential oils used in our innovative aromatherapy room help reduce stress, anxiety, and agitation. The power of aromatherapy goes far beyond mental ease; it relaxes sore joints and muscles as well. Various oils stimulate mental function and boost your energy. Once in our Aromatherapy & Reflexology room, you are engulfed in subtle notes of lavender or eucalyptus. Your feet are placed in a touchless, heated foot massager to further enhance the experience of aromatic relaxation.
- Promotes relaxation
- Improves clarity
- Boosts overall mood
- Reduces anxiety & depression
- Decreases pain and body aches
- Improves the feeling of fatigue
Improves blood circulation
- Stimulate muscles
- Reduces tension
- Reduces foot pain
- Boosts the immune system
- Alleviates swelling (edema)
- Relieves body pains.
Aromatherapy & Reflexology Packages
During a Wine Down Aromatherapy Reflexology Session, the premium lavender essential oil is diffused into the air to relax both your mind and body. Exclusive bookings can select from a variety of essential oils for targeted benefits.